Columbus First Baptist Church of Columbus, Nebraska is prayerfully seeking the Lord’s choice for a Senior Pastor. We are a Christ-exalting, Scripture-focused, family honoring, elder led congregation of about 155 located in East Central Nebraska with a population of about 23,000.
Our Mission: To Glorify God and Follow Him Fully
As redeemed sinners by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone, according to the Scriptures alone, for the glory of God alone, we exist to glorify God and follow Him fully. By the Spirit’s grace, we pursue this end with our minds renewed, hearts aflame, hands strengthened, heritage preserved, and His gospel advanced.
CFBC affiliates with the G3 Church Network and the Kansas-Nebraska Convention of Southern Baptists.
1. He demonstrates a clear testimony of faith and a passionate devotion to Christ and His church.
2. He must meet the spiritual, personal, and character qualifications of an elder found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9 and exhibit the fruit of the Spirit as per Galatians 5:22.
3. He must be a man of prayer and the Word, seeking to live and minister in the fellowship and filling of the Spirit.
4. He will devote himself to daily prayer and Bible reading for the sake of guarding himself from sin and stirring up his heart and mind to renewed passion for Christ. Additionally, he will lead his family in regular times of family worship. He will gladly participate in mutual care and accountability with other believers.
5. He will seek to undertake his duties in the power of the Holy Spirit, undergirded with prayer, guided by the Scriptures, and manifesting the character of Christ for the glory of God.
6. He must understand, endorse, and teach without reservation, the church’s biblical and theological teaching as expressed in the CFBC Statement of Faith.
7. He must have and cultivate a pastoral heart, not domineering over the flock, but as a sincere under-shepherd and faithful steward in the household of God.
8. He will foster and promote the advancement of the gospel in families, in the local community, and around the world.
1. Demonstrated excellence as an expository preacher (preferred: 3-5 years of experience).
2. College education (minimum: seminary degree; preferred: MDiv).
3. Demonstrated pastoral experience including pastoral care, church leadership, missions, discipleship/mentorship (preferred: 3-5 years of experience). This includes previous ordination by a body of believers of like-minded faith.
4. Experience in and/or a desire to serve in a church with an elder-led system of polity.
1. Gifted in proclaiming God’s word as a faithful expositor of truth, giving pastoral exhortation accurately and affectionately.
2. Proven leadership skills demonstrated by leading God’s people as an example to the flock.
3. Focused on the discipline of prayer both corporately and personally.
4. Proven desire and discipline to grow in understanding biblically and doctrinally.
*Please visit our website www.columbusfbc.net for more information. Please send all resumes to .