It is our belief that the best teaching tool is a life that reflects the life of Christ. All pastoral staff member should show through his lifestyle a deep, growing relationship with Christ. He should be an example to others in his study, memorization, prayer, evangelism, discipleship, service, ministry, and stewardship.
1. Meet the qualifications of an elder (1 Tim. 3:1–7; Ti. 1:5–9)
2. Demonstrate proven faithfulness in both family and ministry
3. Possess formal theological education or be willing to pursue it
4. Agree unreservedly with GCC’s constitution and by-laws (www.gccministries.org)
5. Speak English and Spanish fluently
6. Pursue ACBC certification (if not already completed)
7. Be legally authorized to work in the USA
1. Serve as one of the elders at Grace Community Church (after an appropriate time)
2. Minister as a Care Group leader (Spanish)
3. Provide leadership for and implement ministries related to Spanish-community outreach such as medical clinics, ESL, soccer camp, and visitation.
4. Lead/teach Spanish Sunday school
5. Lead/preach for Spanish Sunday worship service
6. Intentionally disciple and train future leaders for the ministry
7. Seek to develop evangelistic Bible studies in homes or church throughout the week
9. Provide biblical counseling, particularly to Spanish speakers
10. Participate in and/or lead annual mission trip to Guatemala
11. Plan semi-annual Spanish-ministry reports to the Church to keep membership informed and encouraged to pray
12. Be ready to provide or arrange for simultaneous interpretation of Sunday sermons as needs arise (special occasions, joint services, etc).
The aim is to fully plant a Spanish speaking church in Glen Rose with the assistance and under the guidance of Grace Community Church.