Job Description: Associate Pastor:
Biblical References: Acts 20:28-32; 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; 1 Peter 5:1-4
Full time position
The Associate Pastor is primarily responsible for working closely with the Senior Pastor in leading the church through the preaching and teaching of God’s Word, development and refining of church vision, general church administration, and for the oversight of family ministries. The Associate Pastor is a team pastor position governed by all applicable paragraphs in the current Constitution, Article 2, Section 2 – Pastoral Staff.
• Regularly preach and teach God’s Word.
• Work closely with Senior Pastor in the development and casting of church vision for discipling church members, reaching our community with the Gospel, practically caring for our community, and spreading the Gospel throughout the world
• Serves as the Chairman of the Family Ministry Team
• Responsible for the biblically based development, implementation, and oversight of the children’s and youth ministries falling under the family ministries umbrella
• Responsible for the recruiting and training of ministry leaders needed within the various Family Ministry areas of responsibility
• Works with family ministry leaders and adult ministry leaders to provide an efficient transition from children’s ministry to the youth group, and from youth group to adult ministries
• Prepare and present the Family Ministry budget on an annual basis
• Responsible for overseeing all ministry duties in the absence of the Senior Pastor
• Conducts or assists in weekly church services.
• Conducts or assists in weddings and funerals for church members as needed
• Represents the pastoral staff at committee and ministry team meetings as needed
• Cooperates with all staff and various committees to promote unity and continuity of all ministry endeavors within the church
Education & Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Master’s degree from accredited Christian seminary preferred
• At least 2 years of ministry experience
Personal Growth Responsibilities:
• Maintains a continued growth of personal calling and walk with the Lord through Bible study and prayer
• Maintains personal priorities within the home and family as the spiritual leader of the home
• Develops and exercises personal evangelism within and outside the church