Restoration Church of Sanford
We are a growing community in the historic district of Sanford that is learning to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. (2 Peter 2:18). We believe God’s Word does God’s work; therefore, we are committed to making, marking, and maturing disciples (Matthew 28:19) by the ordinary means of grace (Acts 2:42). We have also tasted and seen that God advances His gospel, and receives His rightful glory when the people of God seek Him in needy and dependent prayer. At Restoration Church of Sanford, we believe it happens after prayer. Therefore, we are strongly committed and uncompromisingly devoted to the Word of God and prayer. We have experienced God’s restoring hand at work in Sanford, and we are excited for you to be a part of fulfilling the great commission here with us at Restoration Church of Sanford.
Our mission is to RESTORE all people from all walks of life back to God by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
We accomplish that mission by REACHING those near and far from God. (Ephesians 2:14-17), by Reconciling and RESTORING sinners to God through the Gospel of Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 5:16-21, 2 Corinthians 13:11), and lastly, we REPEAT the process with fully devoted followers of Christ, discipling other fully devoted followers of Christ towards comprehensive biblical RESTORATION (Matthew 28:19).
We believe our Church can accomplish this mission of discipleship as we are shaped by these six convictions:
- Faithful Preaching (Expositional Preaching)
- Word-Centered Worship
- Spirit-Driven Prayer
- Comprehensive Discipleship
- Sacrificial Fellowship
- Missional Multiplication
We place a high priority on the understanding that we are not the first ones to follow Jesus. Actually, we have a rich and faithful past from which churches often divorce themselves. So, along with our statement of faith adapted from Parkside Church in Ohio, here are some other confessions and creeds from church history that we align with: The 1689 Baptist Confession of Faith, The Nicene Creed (Written in 325 AD), and The Apostle’s Creed (Written around 150 AD). We also adhere to the more current, Baptist Faith & Message. These documents put together by men are in no way infallible. They are only helpful as much as they condense and convey biblical truths. However, they connect us to a host of Christians around the world and throughout history by reminding us of God’s redemptive plan that goes far beyond our city limits and our generation.
The purpose of this gathering shall be to glorify God. It shall seek to attain this end through the public worship of God, the preaching of the Scriptures, fervent prayer, Gospel-Centered community, consistent Christian living by its members, personal evangelism, missionary endeavor, and Christian education (Ephesians 1:5-14; Colossians 1:9-10; Matthew 5:16; 1 Peter 2:9-12).
We accept the scriptures as our only authority in matters of faith and practice, and our interpretation of Bible doctrine leads us inexorably to believe:
- The scriptures of the Old and New Testament as being verbally inspired by God and inerrant and infallible in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority. The Scriptures are the only sufficient rule for faith and practice.
- In one God eternally existing in one essence, yet co-equal persons, the Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- That Jesus Christ was begotten by God, conceived by the Holy Spirit, and born to the virgin Mary.
- In the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Trinity, who convicts the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment. He is the life of the believer, and He empowers the preaching and teaching of the Gospel.
- That mankind was created in the image of God, sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death but spiritual death, which is separation from God, and that human beings are born with a sinful nature.
- That the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the basis of His shed blood.
- In the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, His ascension into heaven, and His present life there as High Priest and Advocate for us.
- In the blessed hope, which is the personal, visible, and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- That all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again by the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God and heirs of eternal life.
- In the existence of a personal devil, who is still working in the world to destroy the souls of men and that he and all his angels and all who do not receive Christ as their personal Savior will eternally perish in the lake of fire.
- In the Church, whose mission it is to preach the Scriptures to all the world, all of its endeavors are guided by multiple leadership and supported by the wise stewardship of God’s people.
- That the ordinances of the Church, given by the Lord, are Baptism and the Lord’s Table (Communion).
We sure do hope you join us on a Lord’s day at Hamilton Elementary (1501 E 8th St, Sanford, FL 32771) at 10:30 am.
*Restoration Kids ministry for nursery to 5th grade during all services. Learn more.